1. Old Ipswich Rum Tour & Tasting, Ipswich; 2. Quakers in Colonial Salem, Salem; 3. Myths of the Witch Hysteria Exposed, Danvers; 4. Lowell's Boat Shop Working Museum, Amesbury; 5. Cast Yourself as an Ironworker!, Saugus; 6. Coastal Trails BINGO; 7. Salisbury Point Railroad & Hat Museum, Amesbury; 8. Blacksmithing Weekend in the Forge, Lawrence; 9. Brocklebank Museum Open House, Georgetown; 10. Camp Denison Family Day, Georgetown.
10 Trail Events
or Guided Walks
1. Guided Tour: Ansel Adams Exhibition, Salem; 2. Great Marsh Creek Walk, Ipswich; 3. Riverbend Trail Walk, West Newbury; 4. Birding Little River Nature Trail, Newburyport; 5. Lynn Woods Walk, Lynn; 6. Walking in Danvers Historic Forest, Danvers; 7. Footsteps of Heroes: Civil War Walking Tour, Newburyport; 8. Birds & Nesting Box Tour, Groveland;
9. AVIS Reservation Hike in Andover, Andover; 10. Water Mills of Middleton, Middleton.
by the Byway
1. 1812 Privateer FAME: Go Sail!, Salem; 2. A Working Winery Experience!, Rowley;
3. Hospital Point Lighthouse, Beverly; 4. Historic Art Trail, Gloucester; 5. Newburyport's Historic Powder House, Newburyport; 6. Rowing the Jolly Boat, Salem; 7. Witch Stories by Candlelight, Beverly; 8. Marblehead Fall Festival, Marblehead; 9. Lower Green Village-Beginnings and Burials, Newbury; 10. Appleton Farmstead Tour, Ipswich.
10 Events at Architectural Treasures & Historic Sites
1. Hawthorne Hotel Tour, Salem; 2. Diamond District Historic Worship Sites, Lynn; 3. Walk to the Great Stone Dam, Lawrence; 4. Walking Tour of Historic Ipswich, Ipswich; 5. Visit the Judge Samuel Holten House, Danvers; 6. Back to School Street Walking Tour, Andover; 7. Bella Buildings Walk, Haverhill; 8. Monarch Lofts Historical Wood Mill, Lawrence; 9. Visit the Whittier Home, Amesbury; 10. History of Salisbury Beach, Salisbury.
TRAILS & SAILS: Two Weekends of Walks & Water
begins this Friday, September 21, 2012!
Essex County's cultural, historic, and natural sites during two
weekends of 200+ FREE, fun and family friendly events! Enjoy a variety
of walks, guided hikes, paddles, historical tours, and other adventures
that will connect you to the spectacular places, faces, history and
heritage that define the Essex National Heritage Area's 34 cities and
towns just North of Boston.
Get Started! Visit www.trailsandsails.org to plot your course and use all the features the website has to offer...
- Search -the online event listing by date, time, community, icon, event title or description and see the most up to date event information.
- Create -
your own customized itinerary. Bookmark your favorite events to receive
email notifications if there is a change to an event on your itinerary.
- Explore More: 2012 Participant Challenge! -
This year, we challenge you to attend as many events as possible over the two Trails & Sails weekends in order to be enteredto win one of two Novara hybrid bikes from REI!Ready to roll?Sign in!Each time you sign-in at an event, you will up your chances of winning one of the bikes! Sign-in online at www.trailsandsails.org, and be sure to sign-in at each event you attend. Visit one site or many over the two weekends. All events are FREE!
- Connect - via Facebook, Twitter and the enhanced TRAILS & SAILS mobile website while you are on the go!